Fishing & Aquaculture (Farming, Animals & Conservation)
We are an innovative and organically certified, premium producer of Pacific Oysters, with a genuine goal; to provide fresh, clean, consistently high-quality produce for superior food experiences, while respecting the environment. With plans to grow and transform the oyster industry in South Australia, we are seeking to recruit highly motivated individuals who share a passion for safe, innovative and sustainable aquaculture.
We are presently looking to fill a Leadership role at our Haslam facility, on Eyre Peninsula, near Streaky Bay, home for our maturing stock before shipping out to our finishing sites in Coffin Bay.
As part of our Grow-out team, the role will focus on ensuring production goals are achieved through several daily activities including:
- Routine husbandry tasks with attention to animal health/performance.
- Lead and empower a team of Aquaculture attendants and graduates to achieve production, quality, environmental and safety objectives.
- Troubleshooting of any issues that arise (biological, infrastructure, staff).
- Operations of equipment (boats, forklifts, grading equip.) and asset maintenance.
- Quality and HSE compliance linked to our sustainability accreditations (Organic certification, Friends of the Sea, etc.).
- Liaising between regional production, quality, and R&D teams to ensure the flow of operations across the business.
- Reporting of daily activities including results, incidents and hazards.
If you have aquaculture, marine science or related qualifications, professional experience in a marine environment, natural leadership skills, and are interested in growing with a team of highly motivated individuals in an expanding business, please apply or contact us at the following email/Ph #.
LOCATION AND REMUNERATION
Situated on the west coast of Eyre Peninsula, breathtaking Streaky Bay welcomes visitors as one of South Australia’s emerging ‘must visit’ regions. Streaky Bay is an enticing mosaic of pristine natural wonders, endless sandy beaches, countless fishing spots, spectacular coastline, fine cafes, pop-up food vans, warm and friendly locals and a charming persona all its own. Oh, and did we mention world-class oysters!
Remuneration will reflect the skills and experience you bring as an aspiring Team Leader, recognising imminent growth opportunities within Angel, including investment in new vessels, new Flip Farming technology, and Best Practice Animal Husbandry, providing scope for professional development and career growth in shellfish Aquaculture.
Apply online by filling out the form and upload your resume.
Please also answer the following questions within the cover letter section:
- Are you entitled to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
If you require further information about this opportunity before applying, please contact Gerard Bower on 0408 424 452